Wednesday, January 8, 2014

It's a nice-off!

My students are making "get well" cards for my mom back in Georgia. It was a total nice-off in here.

"I'm gonna make her the nicest card." "No, mine's gonna be nicer. It'll make her feel all better."

My favorites are the ones that over-explain. "This is a picture of your mom. I drew her knee looking blown up since the doctor cut off her leg and put her knee back together. It is all blue and hurt but it will be better soon because the doctor fixed it."

"I'm going to use these scissors so she knows I'm making a fancy card."

"Can we go give the letters to the post man so he can bring it to the truck and they will take it to Georgia from Colorado?"

I made your mom a card because I love you, Miss G. and she loves you because you're her daughter and mommies love their daughters.

Aww.

No comments: