Sunday, February 23, 2014

Shiny new National Park Pass

While I was in Atlanta for Christmas, my dad surprised me with a request for me to choose between a Colorado State Park pass or a National Park pass. I actually haven't been in Rocky Mountain National Park since I moved (I went frequently when I was here summer 2009) due to the flooding in the fall and the prevalence of state parks and open spaces near Denver. 
Hearty breakfast and National Park plans
I'm doing a little research online, dug out my RMNP guide book, and am eating a tasty breakfast-- eggs, homegrown sprouts, avocado, and blueberry-hazelnut bread from Great Harvest. I'm going to fill up my camelbak and head out on a Sunday hike.

It snowed last night (I LOVE THE SNOW SO MUCH!) so it's chilly this morning and there's a nice dusting of snow around-- so I'm excited to get bundled up and head into the mountains. I'm planning to head to the Emerald Lake Trail and see what I can see. It's a little gray out, but I think the clouds will clear so I can see more of this famous big blue Colorado sky. Stay tuned for an update post with some pictures!

Dream Lake (from the National Park website)

No comments: